E. Ronald Finger, M.D., F.A.C.S.
See More: Doctors
For Dr. Ronald Finger, a life as a pioneer in plastic surgery was a natural fit. Dr. Finger's appreciation of medicine developed at an early age where he assisted his father, a general surgeon, in surgery.
Dr. Finger was raised in the modest town of Marion, South Carolina. After graduating from Emory University and then Medical University of South Carolina, he traveled to Atlanta for an internship at Grady Memorial Hospital. This was followed by a general surgery residency at Tampa General Hospital, now a part of the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida.In 1969 he joined the USAF where he spent four years. It's in the United States Air Force, which he entered during the Viet Nam war, where he cultivated his indomitable spirit and where he completed his plastic surgery residency. Being chief resident of one of the largest birth defect clinics in the military and war injuries provided invaluable experience for a lifetime.1973 was a busy year for Dr. Finger: He passed the American Board of Plastic Surgery; was honorably discharged as a lieutenant colonel from the Air Force; and married his treasured wife now of 40 years, Cheryl. And, he returned back to his home in the Southeast and set out to create the first outpatient plastic surgery center in Georgia, as the first board-certified plastic surgeon in Savannah. It's been a career of "firsts" ever since.The "firsts" for Dr. Finger include:
- The first board-certified plastic surgeon in Savannah
- The first to perform liposuction in Georgia
- The first to perform a transaxillary augmentation mammoplasty in Georgia
- The first to open a medical spa in 1998 in the Coastal Area, the New Youth Medical Spa
- The first and still the largest, most comprehensive laser center in the Coastal Empire
- The first plastic surgeon to offer "Tickle lipo" in the coastal region
- The first to offer the NeoGraft Hair Transplant system in Georgia
- The first doctor-pioneered comprehensive skin care line on the market, the New Youth Skin Treatment System.Dr. Finger is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and the Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons.After having been a Sculptra trainer for 5 years, Dr. Finger has concentrated on non-surgical rejuvenation of the face for the past 15 years. He is an expert in the aging face and the deficiencies that occur with aging, of which understanding results of volume loss is paramount. A deep understanding of this is necessary to turn back the clock to the yester-years when our faces were shaped quite differently. Dr. Finger is an expert in injecting Juvederm, Restylane, Sculptra, and now Voluma. He also specializes in fat injections (transfer) to the face with preservation of stem cells.Dr. Finger continues to perform surgical rejuvenation as well, usually combined with either fat grafts or "fillers." The goal, as always, is to restore youth that looks entirely natural.Dr. Finger has also turned his attention to the issue of hair loss. He is an expert in hair transplantation including a multi-therapy approach for men and women suffering with hair loss. Restoring lost hair requires assessment of the patient, diagnosing the cause, choosing the treatment best suited for each individual. If a hair transplant is the chosen treatment, it is done with meticulous skill and artistry required to yield a natural, undetectable result.