Breast Augmentation in Savannah, GA
When it comes to breast enhancement, there is no procedure more popular than breast augmentation. Savannah Plastic Surgery offers this treatment to help patients in Savannah and the neighboring cities of Chatham County, GA, achieve their ideal physique.
What is a Breast Augmentation?
A breast augmentation, also known as breast enlargement, is a surgical technique that uses breast implants to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. There are many reasons a woman may choose to have a breast augmentation, including:
- To correct asymmetry in the breasts
- To enhance the overall balance of the figure
- To correct changes that occurred during pregnancy, in combination with other mommy makeover techniques
- To restore the breasts after surgery, as part of breast reconstruction
No matter your reason for selecting a breast augmentation, Savannah Plastic Surgery is prepared to help you get the best results possible. By specializing in a variety of implants and surgical techniques, we have helped many patients achieve their cosmetic goals through breast augmentation.
How Much Does a Breast Augmentation Cost?
The cost of a breast augmentation at Savannah Plastic Surgery can range from $4,950 to $5,850. The exact cost of your treatment will depend on variables that include your treatment goals and the extent of treatment necessary to achieve those results. During your consultation, we will discuss these factors in order to develop a personalized treatment plan and provide you with the exact cost of treatment. We can also determine your eligibility for health insurance coverage at this time. To learn more about our insurance policies or your payment options, please refer to our financing and insurance page.
What Kinds of Breast Implants are Available?
At Savannah Plastic Surgery, we offer two kinds of breast implants:
- Silicone Implants, which are filled with a silicone gel. These tend to feel more natural than other types of implants, but they typically require larger incisions.
- Saline Implants, which are inserted into the breast empty, then filled with a saltwater solution. These implants offer more flexibility during treatment, but at the cost of feeling a little less natural.
In addition to offering varying implants for breast augmentation, we can also place the implants in different locations:
- Behind the muscle is often the preferred location for breast implants. Here, they will look and feel much more natural in the breasts. This placement also reduces the risk of capsular contracture. Additionally, it will interfere less with future mammograms compared to placement in front of the muscle.
- In front of the muscle is a simpler procedure than placing implants behind the muscle. Since the implants are placed closer to the surface, the recovery from this technique is often quicker and less painful.
What is the Breast Augmentation Treatment Like?
The breast augmentation procedure is performed in our surgicenter and begins with using the appropriate anesthetic, ensuring that our patients receive a safe and comfortable treatment. The incisions for a breast augmentation can be made in one of three locations:
- Underneath the breasts, along the natural crease
- Around the areola of the nipple
- In the armpits
The incisions that we use for your procedure will vary depending on your treatment goals and the size and type of implant being placed. Once inserted, the incisions will be sealed and a protective gauze will be applied to aid the recovery process.
What is the Breast Augmentation Recovery Like?
After a breast augmentation, you can expect to feel sore, sensitive, and tired for a few days. We recommend taking at least a few days off of work and other activities, as it is essential to rest as much as possible following the surgery. About one to two weeks after treatment, your bandages will be removed and replaced with a surgical bra, which will aid the body in the remainder of the post-operative process. From this point, it can take about a month for the breasts to completely heal from surgery.
What Breast Augmentation Results Can I Expect?
The results from the breast augmentation procedure will be noticeable immediately, but it may take a few weeks for all swelling to subside and for the full results to become visible. Once the breast augmentation procedure is performed, the results are permanent.
If you are considering breast augmentation or any other procedure at Savannah Plastic Surgery, contact us today to schedule your initial consultation. We welcome patients from Savannah and the surrounding areas of Chatham County, including those in Brunswick, Hinesville, and Bluffton, Georgia.